Wesley is making plans to return to John Wesley Hall on June 20. Safety protocols will be practiced including masks, temperatures, and social distancing. The north side and patio facing doors will be open and fans will be used to insure good air flow during the service. We will also stream on Facebook Live and YouTube for folks who are not able to attend in person.
There will be a charge conference at the next Administrative Council meeting. One purpose is to vote on recommendations from Staff Parish regarding candidates for ministry. The candidates are Monique Andrade and Maggie Guekguezian. We will also vote
on recommended changes to the Wesley Foundation by-laws. The Conference meeting is on Tuesday, May 19th at 6:30 p.m.
There are 2 ways to participate:
- The ZOOM meeting ID # is 871-8697-7893 and the password is 473031
- Call 669 900 9128 to participate by phone.
Faithful & generous contributions support the ministries in and through Wesley.
- Download the free GivePlus Mobile App wherever you get your apps. You can use a credit card, a debit card, or your checking account. We use Vanco Payment Solutions.
- You can go to wesleyfresno.org and click Donate. You can set up regular giving (Pledge) or a one-time donation. You can direct your giving to the General Fund or to other funds.
- You can Mail a gift to the church office. Make your check payable to Wesley UMC, 1343 E Barstow Ave., Fresno, CA 93710
Many thanks to all who have continued their pledges and regular giving during this time! Pledge giving has kept pace with projections. Regular giving and plate giving are down. All gifts are received with joy and are much appreciated.
We have lost a major facility user, Decisions for Life. This represents a loss of $850 per month beginning in May. Recovery groups cannot meet due to the virus and we expect a revenue loss of approximately $600 per month. We are waiting on the fire inspection to be able to open Ed West for a rental by the Fresno Jewish Day School.
Zoom is a video conferencing webpage.
- You can log in with a smartphone or tablet (you will need todownload the app).
- You can go online to zoom.com. Click on join a meeting and
- input the meeting ID and password.
- You can also use your regular telephone. Call the phone number
- listed in the Encounter article, input the meeting ID and password
- when prompted. You will then be able to listen but not see others.
Join with others for:
- Zoom coffee hour after worship
- Wesley Dines Out
- Administrative Council
- Trustee and Finance Meetings
The Wednesday study group is still meeting. CJ shares that “About 10 of us
are meeting on Wednesdays via Zoom. We decided on a new book: Almost
Everything: Notes on Hope by Anne Lamott.”
Contact CJ if you would like to be added to the invitation list for the Zoom meeting. The study begins on Wednesday, May 13.
On May 5th, which would have been the start of General Conference 2020,
Reconciling Ministries Network is hosting a virtual worship service
to celebrate the strength of the Reconciling movement.
Join at 5 pm PT to relive the phenomenal music of Connection 2020, to receive words of
healing and encouragement from a host of Reconciling movement-makers, and to be led
in worship by Rev. Kimberly Scott of Cross Roads UMC in Phoenix, AZ.
The service will be live-streamed on Facebook and available to view
on their homepage (rmnetowrk.org) at the start of the event on May 5th.
Have you received a call?
- If you hear of any needs such as; needing groceries, picking
- up prescriptions, etc, pass on the information to Pastor
- Karen. There are volunteers who have stepped up and
- are willing to help.
- You can be part of the circles of care. Send a note to someone in the mail. What a nice surprise!
Let’s reach out and stay connected during these difficult days.
We will always be the Wesley family together.
Miss the Sunday Service Worship? Don’t worry, you can listen to the sermons on SoundCloud!
Click on the icon to visit our SoundCloud page and listen to past sermons.
Join us for Worship today (Sunday) at 10:30 a.m.
Check out the live stream at facebook.com/wesleyfresno. Live stream is a way to record and share an event on Facebook. You do not need a Facebook account to view. Click the link to live stream worship.
If you are asked to create a Facebook account, click “Not Now”. Click on the video. Watch worship and comment on prayer requests.
We are exploring making a DVD of worship to send in the mail. If you would like to be added to the list for future mailings, please call the office and email Pastor Karen.